More often than not, we hear at Abu Dhabi Personal Trainers that people want to start working out and eating healthy so they can lose weight. While a healthy weight is a great goal, when it comes to exercising and eating healthy, it should not be the sole focus and goal. The problem with solely focusing on the number of a scale is that this number is not a reliable indicator of your overall health. Further, if your only goal is to lose weight, what happens when you achieve this weight? Do you stop? Our personal trainers here in Abu Dhabi advise that for long term success, an individual’s key motivator should be to feel better about yourself and/or to have better health. So, if the only reason you are currently exercising and eating healthy is to lose weight then read on for 25 reasons you should start living healthier today that have nothing to do with your weight.
1. Exercising works as an antidepressant.
2. Exercising reduces PMS.
3. Exercising reduces stress and anxiety.
4. Exercising boosts creativity.
5. Exercising can help out allergies.
6. Exercising strengthens your heart.
7. Exercising helps you resist temptations like sugar, cigarettes and even drugs.
8. Exercising reduces risk of metabolic syndrome…
9. Exercising can add years to your life…
10. … And life to your years.
11. Exercising strengthens bones.
12. Exercising helps your fertility.
13. Exercising improves self-esteem.
14. Exercising helps you sleep better.
15. Exercising can help manage chronic pain.
16. Healthy foods are often cheaper than processed junk food.
17. Eating healthy makes you happier.
18. Healthy foods give you an iron-clad immune system.
19. Eating healthy foods can help cure irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
20. Eating healthy foods can help delivers clearer skin.
21. Healthy foods prevent insomnia.
22. Healthy foods soothe sore muscles.
23. Healthy foods gives you more energy.
24. Eating healthy reduces cravings for bad food.
25. Eating healthy can add years your life!